La The simple search function works in the same way as a regular search engine on the internet, providing results based on search queries. The engine searches in the bibliography of the work (author, date, title, source) and returns results. You can choose between the “contains all search terms” or “contains at least one search term” functions.
The advanced research allows you to search by certain criteria.
The window mode, used in the advanced search function, allows you to choose between the “AND” (commonly used by search engines) and “OR” function.
Other tools permitting users to refine their search include:
Quotation marks which can be used to search for a precise sequence of words. In other words, a search for “fauna living in caves” would only return results from publications containing this exact phrase.
The subtraction (-) sign can exclude certain chosen words from the search. For example: cave fauna – Jura would return all of the references containing the words cave and fauna but excluding Jura.
The asterisk (*) symbol, can be used to replace a word about which you are not sure. It tends to be used at the end of a string of words, but can also precede the search term in question.
The search engine does not differentiate between upper-case and lower-case letters, nor does it distinguish letters with accents.
Original documentation is available for borrowing, but only within Switzerland.
If you wish to obtain photocopies of articles or other documentation please follow the steps described below:
1. Enter your search query
2. Select the publications which interest you by clicking on
3. Check that the contents of the publication is what you desire by clicking on
4. Publications can be removed from your cart by clicking on
5. Place your order by clicking on
6. Fill out the form provided, ensuring that your postal address is correctly filled and click on send.
7. A confirmation message will be sent to the email address provided.
8. Our team will process your request as soon as possible.
Director: Mr Pascal Moeschler
Information and comments: Ms Christelle