Conservatoire et Jardin botaniques de la Ville de Genève
The Winter Garden
It remains one of the oldest and the most interesting buildings of the CJB. Conceived in 1913, this edifice was constructed in the area of the present day Avenue de la Paix and the WMO (World Meteorological Organisation). It was moved in 1935 to its present day position. A complete restoration was undertaken between 1997 and 1998. One is able to admire tropical horticultural plants displayed there (Crotons, Hibiscus, Cheese-plants, Palms) as well as useful plants from the tropics (bananas, coffee, papaya, vanilla, etc.).