Training and education
Exchanges (Index Seminum)
Download our Index Seminum (1.65 Mb).
This web site version of our Index Seminum 2019 is only meant for documentary use.
Please note that:
- seeds can only obtained by our ordinary correspondents;
- to obtain seeds we kindly ask our correspondents to use exclusively the form annexed to the printed version. This form should be signed and returned to us.
We cannot accept any other form of order.
Convention on the Exchange of Plant Material
Following the international Convention on Biological Diversity (Rio de Janeiro, 1992), article 15 (access to genetic ressources) especially concerning the exchange of plant material, the Conservatory and Botanical Garden of Geneva have adopted a policy on spplying seed to the scientific and horticultural community.
Here are the following conditions:
- the plant material is used solely for scientific research, conservation of species and the development of recognized collections;
- in the case of commercial use of the genetic material, its products or research derived from it, the user has to inform and seek the permission from the Conservatory and Botanical Garden of the City of Geneva because a commercial use of plant material is subject to a special convention;
- we expect that any research publication resulting from the use of the plant material will acknowledge the Botanical Garden of Geneva as a supplier, and that we receive an unsolicited reprint.